Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nina Speaks

Nina here ....
    I'll tell you what I like about this trip.
    But first, let me tell you what I don't like about it ---
   I don't like the ridiculous amount of time I've spent curled up in the front of the Pickle while we crossed state after state, mile after mile in this rocking (up- and- over mountain passes, down- and - around coves, inlets and capes,)  swaying hulk of a boat on wheels.


This is what I do like:
    Running leashless for miles on the ocean beach. I can find a stick in one minute or less and if Martha or Michael will throw it for me, and I can race at top speed to fetch it, I've just climbed another rung on the stairway to heaven.

Now that we're on the west coast, I've had some great runs! Suddenly the whole nature of this trip has changed! Instead of driving, driving, driving across the plains and mountains all day long trying to stay ahead of the looming winter weather, we drive maybe 35 or 40 miles to the next state park that's located on the beach and STAY there for 2 or 3 nights! That means a beach walk every single day! Temperatures have been in the 50s, with highs close to 60, with at least partial sun every day. I'm loving it! It's the cat's meow!

"Stacks" near Seaside, Oregon
Fort Stevens State Park, near Astoria, Oregon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment